Wednesday 21 January 2015

Animation Prodject

For our assignment with Education Futures we were asked to create a short stop-motion animation which portrays a contemporary issue of our choice. I chose to reflect my animation on the issue of pollution on eath and show people that we are able to make a difference if we look after our planet better. Hope you enjoy my video and please feel free to leave comments bellow.




Evaluation
The Process
I created this animation on my own and by this I found it took me triple the time than a group of three, because I was placed with the responsibilities of building the set, the character, retrieving the sound and filming which could of easily been shared around. One advantage to working on my own was that I had the freedom to complete the task at any point and there was no issues with disagreement. The animation only starred one character and I believed that this was acceptable because there was less things to observe and follow making this easy to watch and understand. The set that was used was made out of mostly paper, there was a small amount of clay used to help make some objects (i.e. the smile on the face) due to the flexibility of the material. It was easier to move and mold with the use of paper rather than the use of clay which was proven when I experimented with clay and found it difficult to keep the object standing and move fluidly. One disadvantage of using paper that I came upon was that it was difficult to create a smooth movement style.By placing the camera at birds eye view, gave me a high advantage as it allowed the set to remain stable while I was creating other objects and planning. As I was creating the animation I discovered that it challenged my patients and thinking skills, which made me realise that this was a key feature to what teachers go through everyday to develop on the learning of children.

Final Piece
From examining the final footage of my stop-motion animation I was extremely happy with the finished product. However, I did notice that there were slight issues with the movement of the character and the lighting which altered the colour of the image. If I had the opportunity to create another animation or give someone advice it would be to work in a group and make sure the roles are clear and are assigned at an early stage to ensure that the time is used effectively. Due to a number of frustrating moments I experienced from using the software I would try out a different application to create my animation on. Overall I believed that the short animation film was effective and gave a clear message to what I was trying to to deliver. 




2 comments:

  1. Rhian, I loved your animation. Its simplicity was genius and I believe that this could be viewed as a message in schools all over Wales. You must have worked very hard at it as it is very professional and interesting to watch. The message is very clear and made me want to do more for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Caroline your comment means the world to me and I appreciate that you can see the amount of effort I put into it.

    ReplyDelete